WELCOME TO THE 2019 BLOCK BUSTERS FIUP CHALLENGE!

This challenge will last all of 2019!!! It will be broken into 4 quarters :

FIRST QUARTER :JAN. - MARCH

Carla - quilt valentines quilt top and one other swap block  top either pumpkins or Christmas. *Finish the Snowman blocks into a top. 

Jean - quilt Under The Sea top.

Anna 

Mary anne -* snowman blocks into runners.

Connie - finish quiltalong , snowpeople swap. 

Wilma  - snowmen and Christmas blocks. ** 

Kathy 

Beth

Chris - 

Lisa

Carri - *

Melanie K. Sgt peppers, tourquoise and choice of  swap block 

SECOND QUARTER: APRIL - JUNE

Carla - quilt two quilts. Assemble another set of squares.

Connie-  pumpkin patch, butterflies and roosters.

Wilma - snowman 

Jean- under the sea quilting, sew butterfly top, sewing themed quilting.

MaryAnne - snowman runners, start under the sea, sewing blocks.

Chris - jamestown landing, under the sea, green argyle , diamonds jubilee strips. 

Melanie - forward 1st quarter goals..

Beth - bird swap.  Hst swap      heart block swap

THIRD QUARTER:JULY - SEPT.

FOURTH QUARTER: OCTOBER -DEC.

This challenge will have ZERO swapping in it. It is strictly created to try to get some finishes on our swap blocks!  You may join in at any time and you can finish any number of quilts  or other projects you wish in each quarter but the hope is to complete at least one each quarter! 

Here is how it works:

*make goals!! Be willing to post your goals each quarter and do your best to follow through! 

* choose your blocks for the quarter! It can be blocks we have swapped or even ones you have just had setting around forever! 

* be prepared!  Whether it is scrappy or perfectly chosen have it ready to go. Choose a setting! 

*share ideas to help others move forward! Sometimes the hardest part of this is deciding on a setting. Let's help each other by sharing ideas!

* be prepared to post progress and hopefully pictures if you are able! 

* the main goal is to get all the way to a finished quilt!! Binding and all! Or if you prefer you may use the blocks to complete some other project such as table runners, place settings or bed runners. 

But even if you are only able to get to the quilt top stage at least it's not a pile of blocks!!

************** HAVE FUN!! *************

This is the main thing! When it stops being fun you stop making progress! Lets keep it fun. You never know I may add prizes in here at some point! 

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1c07c86b8a87fd91b622535c5/files/1bfd7...

Views: 3580

Replies to This Discussion

Oh what about the tea cups, did you do that swap also.  And the sewing blocks.  I need to do an inventory.  I used to have an excel spreadsheet, but it got scary.....

Exactly Wima!!!! Lololol. The more you think about it the more there are! Its insane!!

Heres what i had: i did get blocks into a top but have not yet quilted: valentine heart swap, pumpkin swap this included two swaps and Christmas swap this included two swaps, one from 2013!

I have blocks for: dresses, sewing themed, chickens, roosters, tea cups, winter (cool) blocks swap, snowmen from first swap several years ago , snowmen from second swap, courthouse square, under the sea, birds, 9 inch block seap, butterflies, baskets, old beach party swap, original fall swap from several years ago. And Sunbonnet Sue embroidery blocksThere may be more sneaking around somplace! CONNIE DONT LOOK!! YOU WERE IN ALL OF THESE. HAHAHA.

Individually that is 22 swaps! That is why i am adamant about getting some done. Lol

In addition i have Pat Sloans Farmers market blocks that needs quilting. And Pat Sloan 6 inch blocks to get assembled. I didnt get all 100 made but i got about 60 done. 

I have been puzzling over swap, but finally got it.  Lol...w is near e.

Girl if i managed an actual sentance off this cell phone without a mistake i would possibly faint. They are not nearly as smart as people say. Lolol.

Lol, I put seap in there and was corrected to swap.  And just now it was turned into seal.  Maybe they are called smart b/c we end up feeling smarter than at least the spell checker.

So Beth! Knowing you, you will get them all done too. You go girl!

I know everyone also has other projects going on besides these but remember if you set things up for yourself you could actually put these together like leaders and enders. True they would be large leaders and enders but that might help you move forward. 

Yeah right! LOL You are sew funny! Maybe for you and Beth. 

Hahahaha oh well, it was worth a shot. Lol.

I am in! I have been following Angela Walter's Free Motion Quilting Challenge but have not had time to practice my quilting. This will be a good project to help me complete some of the quilts and practice my free-motion skills. Let's see...I have the following blocks from swaps. I want to complete the Under the Sea in the first part of the year.

1. Funky Chicken/Roosters

2. Dresses

3. Sewing Themed

4. Butterflies/Dragonflies

5. Snowpeople

6. Christmas in July

7. Under the Sea

I may have something else too. This is just what I can remember at the moment. I would love to see some setting ideas for some of these other than just sashing and corner stones. Can't wait to see what everyone creates!

Awesome Chris. I like Angela Walters too and watch her you tube videos but man i just can't seem to get past the meandering. Lolol. I did mess around with other free motion quilting patterns on my row by rows and did o.k. maybe i can do this too. After all it is likely that most will stay here anyway and any that don't well nobody will notice because they aren't quilters. Lololol.

I am missing some of my roosters!!! I have no idea how they got separated. Grrrrrr. Well they have to be in this room somewhere!!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service