Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stash busting goals for 2018, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stash buster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2018, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted once a month.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 2339

Replies to This Discussion

We are off and running.  Yeah, I ran to the store with a friend and just could not resist the Java Batiks they got in.  So bright and cheerful for a dreary January.

I have all my Bonnie Hunter Mystery blocks done, once I can use a design wall, I will get them sewn into a top.  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, since I can put a little weight on the foot, get to the longarm and have some fun. 

Oh and I got one UFO top pieced, will be 58 x 58, but still pieced and set to quilt. 

I didn't meet my goal of last year but I am in again.  25 yards I hope to bust.  Unfortunately our local quilt shop is going out of business and I will have to check that out Thursday. Thanks for doing this again, Beth. I did make two small projects so I'll start out with 1/2 yd out and right now, while I can say it, 0 in.

We have two more diligent people signing up,

Jan - 25

Deanna - 25

And away we go. 

i was away from home for a few days and finished a quilt and 6 pot holders while I was away.  61/2 yds out.  One the way home I stopped at a quilt shop having a big sale and did purchase some fabric at 75% off,  I will post it all in after I get it added up.  Before I left I did post some new photos.  Did any of you see them?

I didn't see any Gayle.  Where did you post them?

Jan they are at "My Place" in photos 2018 album.

I thought I posted last night, I want to be in for 35 yards this year. Have several large bed quilts planned for me and my husband this year. Have the fabric, need to make the quilts now!

Glad to see some familiar folks joining in again this year, and welcome to the newbies! :) 

I have 1 1/3 yds. out for a pillowcase I made for my granddaughter. Off to a good start!

11 yards in, at 75% off too good to pass up

Finally got the borders on my author quilt and did a couple of blocks of my next quilt. Will post a picture when I'm all done. 2 yds out, 0 in.

I have an OUT to report  .. a whole 8 yards !!  QOV sew/kit day .. woo hoo !! Cleaned out to the bottom of the bag ... 

But I have a confession ... I went to the store to look @ upholstery for some living room curtains. Was collecting a few samples, and then .. I was walking by the cutting counter when I see a whole rack of 'sale' upholstery .. and I fell in LOVE with one .. it's perfect.. so PLUS 7 .. drat !!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service