Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
Well, tomorrow is October first and the year is quickly drawing to a close. I have a heightened sense of things needing to get done. This morning at breakfast, I told my dear, sweet husband that things may get a little crazy on the quilt side of life these next two months to which he replied: "You mean crazier than they are now? I thought they were pretty crazy already!" Nevertheless, I told him, I appreciated his support.
Keeping this in mind, I have made out the October/November schedule that I think I need to keep to to get the project done. Just a reminder, these are the tasks to be accomplished:
1) four more quilts monogrammed (signature and date) and pinned
2) five more quilts quilted
3) creation of nine dedication squares made for 9 quilts (the other six have the dedication monogrammed on the backs)
4) stitching on the nine dedication squares to 9 quilts
5) embellishing the backs of all 15 quilts
6) creation of extra dedication blocks for the quilts my daughters and grandson pick out
7) finish hand stitching on two quilts
8) stitching on the extra dedication blocks (this will happen Thanksgiving weekend after they choose)
Whaddayathink? Can I get this all done in 57 days? The plan goes as follows:
1) all quilts pinned by Thursday, October 10 (I leave for Chicago for three days October 11-13)
2) all quilts quilted by November 3
3) hand stitching on two quilts done by November 10
4) dedication squares for 9 quilts done by November 8
5) special dedications squares done by November 11
6) dedication squares stitched on by November 16
7) quilts embellished with buttons and beads by November 22
I have built in two extra days for meeting these goals at three significant places.
Okay. Take a deep breathe....and....go!