Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
If you've never run into this site on your wanderings.. she's amazing and she does sell some of her patterns and if she got it from elsewhere, she usually says where.…Continue
Ok ladies and gents..I've recently started going to auctions again and one of the auction houses I like is currently holding an online auction. So I was browsing the catalog and there it is.. a very…Continue
Ladies and Gents.. I don't know how many of you have ever visited the Quilt Pro website..but they have this nifty little deal where they send you a quilt block via email every single day..and also…Continue
Pilling the Cat
1. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.
Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa.
Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm,…
May my struggles and hardships help others, lol.
1. High quality, high thread count muslin is a must.
2. This is an excellent place to use those beautiful but thin fabrics that have crept into your stash...they'll be backed and tacked down by several layers of that muslin.
3. I used to find ironing soothing, now I know how long it takes for steam burns to heal.
4. I once considered learning something about origami, I'm over it.
5. Reminding yourself…Continue
So, I finally drew a pattern on a quilt and quilted it...I am very bad at following curvy lines with that little round hopping foot. But the quilt is done and it will keep a child on the reservation warm.
So..now I"m trying to follow straight lines. My first day of doing this proved I'm much worse at following a seam line than I was at following a curving line.
Today I tried again.. my poor Irish quilt. I have to say I'm infinitely better now than I was at the start.. which…Continue
I know some of my fellow quilters suffer with this illness or know someone close to them who does. The CFIDS association of America is asking for our help with an upcoming FDA workshop. It's a five-ten minute survey and it will be a great help, here is the link... https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/pt-focused-survey ..