Valentines Day is quickly approaching and I thought it would be fun to do a quilt for the holiday. I would really like everyone to use a white background color. As for the color palette let’s stay with pinks and reds (maybe even a few purples). Ladies this is your chance to be creative with all the cute Valentines Day fabrics out there.

Everyone would make 15 identical blocks (1 to keep and 14 to share).  Sign up by January 20th, blocks need to be to me by February 14th so they can be mailed back out by February 17th. 

This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.

SIZE: 12.5 inches un-finished blocks ( can be one block or a combo of blocks for an overall size of 12.5")

NUMBER OF SQUARES: It takes 15 blocks for a quilt, make 15, keep one, send 14 in and you will get 14 back.

FABRICS: Whatever fits the theme just make sure you use a quilt shop quality fabric ( NO SEE THROUGH FABRIC)

DESIGN:  Anything that fits the theme and "technique". Let's make this a usable quilt so take it easy on the embellishments or make sure if you add some that the block can still be washable.

TECHNIQUE: pieced, appliqué, or paper pieced

SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your blocks will be sent to me - ( send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)

POSTAGE: Along with your blocks send me a STAMPED self-addressed FLAT RATE envelope. I will use this to send the blocks back to you.

SIGN UP:  To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list. Once you are signed up I will message you my address and you can do the same through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.

MAIL IN DEADLINE:  ALL blocks must be in my hands by February 14th.  If you can get them done early, send them!  

If you join and can not complete your blocks please notify me as soon as possible so the rest of the group is not waiting on your blocks. If life happens to throw a curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info a

1. Jackie Baker- quilted heart Block (arrived)

2. Cheryl Culver-

3. Vicki Bujnak- Snowball frame

4. Mary Aldrich- Candy Box Heart (arrived)

5. Kim Schau- Baby Bud - (arrived)

6. Jean McCuster- applique heart (arrived)

7. Kay Morris- Pinwheel Heart (arrived)

8. Merrily Abels-

9. Carla Walton- Spiral Heart (arrived)

10. Lacy Miller-Butterfly hearts- (arrived)

11. Teresa Scanlon- Scrappy Heart (arrived)

12. Lisa Sauerer- Twisted Heart Block (arrived)

13. Marion Williams-

14. Pam George- triple appliqué hearts (arrived)

15. Jacquelyn Johnson- Dresden Heart block (arrived) 

Views: 4195

Replies to This Discussion

It's resting comfortably in the yellow envelope waiting for me to finish more blocks. Lolol still in decision mode.

We loved our gifts from Canada too Kim, look forward to swapping with you again one day. I hope you feel better soon.

Feel better soon! But, I agree, be slow about how much you do.

remember WAYYYYYYYYY back when we did this swap? well I finally found the fabric I want to link my blocks with and use as border, lolol. so I think I might work on this today. :)

not much goes better with love and hearts than chocolate.....

That fabric will contrast so nicely with the squares.  What a yummy quilt!

Thank you, Jean. Just realized I need to make 3 more blocks. But that's easy enough.

''I LOVE CHOCOLATE''

''I Love Chocolate"

What a delightful and delicious quilt, Carla.  Glad you waited for the perfect fabric.  The contrast makes this quilt .  Congrats!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service