Under the Sea 12.5 inch Block swap. Applique only. Hand or machine. swap is now closed to sign ups

This swap is for 12.5 inch blocks APPLIQUE ONLY  with back round colors to match the theme. Shades of blues, turquoise or swirly looking fabrics......whatever looks watery...or interesting.  the back grounds do not have to all be the same and your choice of creatures do not have to be all one color either!!embellishments are allowed but keep them quilt friendly please.  Let's make these more realistic looking and not cartoonish. Sea creatures, sea shells, coral, colorful fish,octopus, dolphin,star fish,jellyfish,clown fish, sand dollars crabs whale.....just to name a few ideas. Whatever you like! You can find ideas on coloring pages magazines and even left over row by row H2o patterns! When you decide what you will make let me know so I can post that.

You will make 16 blocks that are 12.5 inch square unfinished. Send 15 keep one for yourself.

.      swap rules:

Dead line for sign up is when I get 16 swappers. Then it will close.

Blocks are DUE no later than June. 20th. That's 3 1/2 months plenty of time!.  the blocks will be sorted and returned within a week of getting them.

.                              ***********late blocks will be returned to you. ******** we will not wait******

If you sign up and can't make the due date please just say so. That way we can make an extra block for ourselves. 

You must provide a self addressed and stamped return  envelope. It would be advisable to use one that provides tracking and insurance but that's not required. I am not responsible for any lost mail though.

Quality fabrics are required.....no see through fabrics or poor quality.

You must comment on THIS post if you wish to join ( make your intentions clear!)and you MUST  comment and share progress regularly. This way we know you are still with us!! Anyone who does not comment or make communication will be removed from the swap. This is so that we do not get to the end of the swap and get disappointed because someone signed up then forgot about it. 

please " friend me" if you haven't so that i can communicate with you if needed. And send my address.

1. Carla - blue crab 

2.chef Lisa

3. Connie - dolphin

4.Ginny A. - ORCA

5.Jean M. - squid

6. Wilma - fish

7. Mary Anne - sea horse.

8.  Connie - fish

9. BETH N. Barracuda?

10.Teresa S. - octopus

11. ANNA - turtle

12. KATHY G.- stingray

13.Chris M. - jelly fish combo

14. Cristin M - sea slugs

15. kenya H. - fish

16. Carla - fish 

Views: 3091

Replies to This Discussion

Whoop whoop. Love him :)

Where's tbe " like" button?!

Oh, I Like! This is really pretty, Carla!

Carla that is beautiful! Are you going to make us all one of them? Lol

No. Lol. 

Ah, but we like him.........

i'll give you the pattern. LOLOLOL. i'm already making two blocks.  - make that 32. :)

Really pretty Carla! Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

well it is certainly going to be colorful to say the least. LOLOL.

Wow, this one is cute.  Cannot wait to start on mine.

Love it Carla

Here are the possible fabrics I will be incorporating into my quilt. I just have to figure out exactly what it is I want to do. I know what's in my head but bringing it to life is another thing. Lol.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service