We all know what it's like to go to the fabric store and buy a piece of fabric, only to get it home and say "Yuck, why did I buy this? What was I thinking?”

Here are the specifics for this swap and challenge:

1. Participants must sign up no later than January 30th. Mail by February 6th.

2. Take 1 yard of fabric you can't believe you bought

Cut it into: one - 1/2 yd piece (18 inch by WOF)

one - 1/4 yd piece (9 inch by WOF)

two - 1/8 yd pieces (4 1/2 by WOF)

3. Place material in a plastic bag, along with your name and address and marked washed or unwashed. Enclose a self addressed envelope with postage to have your “Yuck” Kit mailed to you.

Your material should be mailed to me no later than February 6th.

4. Your “Yuck” kits will be made up and mailed out to you the first business day after I receive the last kit.

Each kit will include one –1/2 yd of Suzie Q’s material

one – 1/4 yd of Stitchin Samantha’s material

and two 1/8 yd pieces of material from two other participants.

5. Your challenge is to make ANYTHING you want out of your “Yuck” Kit.

All 4 pieces HAVE to be used

You can add other material

6. Deadline for completion is March 1st. Private message me when you have completed your project and we can do the big reveal all at the same time.

7. You can enter as many times as you want (great way to get rid of those ‘Yuck’ pieces that stare at you saying “use me, use me” and you reply “NO you’re too ugly”). Just remember to package each entry in a separate plastic bag, and to make sure you send enough postage for each entry. Example: if you send two bags of material, you need to send enough postage to have two “Yuck Kits” mailed back to you.

Friend me and send me a message and I'll send you my mailing address.
HAVE FUN!!!
Connie Wilkerson

1. Connie Wilkerson -Received Completed

2. Linda Kaskla Received

3. Ethelda Hillsman Received Completed

4. Carla Walton Received Completed

5. Deb Kozel Received Completed

6. Beth North Received (2 sets)

7. Connie Wilkerson (2nd Kit)Received Completed

8. Rebecca Schmitt Received Completed

9. Chef Lisa Received

10. Mary-Anne Buist Received Completed

11. Gayle Clements Received Completed

12. Ginny Lunsford Received Completed

Views: 3084

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone have any of this ugly left I need some more? I can send you a stamp envelope n trade some fabric.

I am making progress, I have the center together n did well matching seams.

Now I'm working on getting the design on the fabric lined up more like the stack n wack

I cant wait to do the big hexie, I bought the ruler. I really need to do some art stuff, have a few designs drawn up.

I thought I posted this last night but I guess I didn't. Lol. Chef I have more of that lovely fabric. How much do you need? I have about a yard and a half left.
And you can have it all. Lololololol

Send me your uglies.

I wanted to work on them tonight but neck is just bugging me to much. I did manage to get sets together the other night. I just need more conector triagles sewn on to sets, then can get more completed like the picture above. It will get there. Front coming again from the south for more showers Friday. 

Docs new meds aren't doing it for me. I call him tomorrow,  he might try something else. He st I ll wants cut in n deaden nerve endings hut its actual surgery n I'm not doing any surgeries, I think it will just makes it worse.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service