Spring  is in the air, our sewing rooms are tempting us while outdoor activities beckon.  How about a Sew Much Fun block to keep those sewing rooms company over the summer months?  Anything sewing room related would work, sewing machines, needle and thread, dress forms, the ideas are endless !!!  These block would be great for a wall quilt so embellishments could really add to your blocks and the size leaves plenty of room to add personal touches to the finished quilt.. Everyone would make 12 identical blocks (1 to keep and 11 to share).  Sign up by May 5th, blocks need to be to me by June 20th so they can be mailed back out by June30th.  This one will run a bit longer than the usual month so it will hopefully fit with busy Spring schedules.  

This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.

SIZE: 6.5 inches un-finished blocks

NUMBER OF SQUARES: It takes 12 blocks for a quilt, make 12, keep one, send 11 in and you will get 11 back  

FABRICS: Whatever fits the theme just make sure you use a quilt shop quality fabric ( NO SEE THROUGH FABRIC)

DESIGN:  Anything that fits the theme---- let's make this a fun quilt so take embellishments are fine, just make sure if you add some that the block can still be washable. It would be great if you sign your block in some way so everyone knows who they are from.

TECHNIQUE: pieced, paper pieced, applique, free form, touches of embroidery, embroidery machine.

SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your  blocks will be sent to me - ( send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)

POSTAGE:Along with your blocks send me a STAMPED self-addressed FLAT RATE envelope. I will use this to send the blocks back to you.

SIGN UP DEADLINE:   May 5th .The goal is to have 12 joiners or more so that you will get back 11 different blocks.  

SIGN UP:    To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list.Once you are signed up I will message you my address and you can do the same through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.

MAIL IN DEADLINE:  ALL blocks must be in my hands by June 20th.  If you can get them done early, send them!  

If you join and can not complete your blocks please notify me as soon as possible so the rest of the group is not waiting on your blocks. If life happens to throw a curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info and updates!!

If I have left anything out, or you have any questions,  please ask!

1. Mary Aldrich---------------Scissors

2. Vicky Bujnak-----------withdrawn 

3. Beth North---------------Scrap pile---------------------------------------------RECEIVED

4. Sharon Gallegos--------Vintage Singer sewing machine--------------RECEIVED

5. Chef Lisa-----------------Sewing basket--------------------------------------RECEIVED

6. Wilma Schirra-Kays----Sewing bike----------------------------------------RECEIVED

7. Carla Walton-------------Button jar--------------------------------------------RECEIVED

8. Kenya Hampton------------------------------------------------------------------RECEIVED

9. Jean McCusker---------Sunbonnet stitcher -------------------------------RECEIVED

10.Myrna Crouch-------------------------------------------------------------------RECEIVED

11.Connie Wilkerson-----Sewing sign post--------------------------------RECEIVED

12.Mary-Anne Buist------Sewing fairy----------------------------------------RECEIVED

13.Chris Michelle---------Pin cushion -----------------------------------------RECEIVED

Views: 2980

Replies to This Discussion

Mary mine are on the way to you. You may receive them today. Problem maybe, I have an extra one here. So.....I don't know if I made an extra one or left one out when I mailed them. As soon as you receive them please count and if there are only ten, I will overnight another one to you.

I'll watch for them Connie and let you know what the count is. If they are short no need to overnight the missing one, I still need to finish mine once my machine gets here so it will be a bit before mine will be ready. Tracking shows it in Tennessee so I don't expect it to show up till towards the end of next week.

My blocks are on their way. Carla replied
Thanks
USPS says my blocks were delivered today.

Is there an update on when we should expect to receive our blocks? How are yours coming Mary?

I'm finallyback on track!!!!!new machine has arrived and I will be busily stitching away to catch up!!! Hope to have my blocks ready by the end of the week and added to the already sorted piles so they head to there homes! 

Connie-----yours made it here and there are only 10. No need to go speedy delivery as it will take me most of the week to get mine finished up.

My usual machine will be back home the end of the month, so unless the sewing gremlins are feeling really nasty I should not find myself without a stitch to stand on in the future. For now i will be setting up the new machine and stitching the needle of it to get my blocks and other projects finished 

No hurry Mary. I have lots of projects to work on. Just hadn't heard a status update in a bit.   My machine has been finicky lately too. Not sure what is up but it can be really frustrating. Can't wait to see all the beautiful blocks.

YAY...............glad all the fairies made it.............and we have a baby grandson  Bennett Robert - 7 lbs 10 oz - 20 inches long - our first-  that was born on 2 July - at 1AM....so happy - just got back from our first weeks of snuggles.  Now to finish his quilt - still a ways to go.

Awwwww. Congratulations. That is so awesome.

That is so special. 

So happy for you, Mary-Anne!  Nothing so precious as a grandbaby!

You had a chance to mail yet now?  Just asking so I know what to expect.  Not a big hurry, just making sure I keep track of my mailings.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service