Spring  is in the air, our sewing rooms are tempting us while outdoor activities beckon.  How about a Sew Much Fun block to keep those sewing rooms company over the summer months?  Anything sewing room related would work, sewing machines, needle and thread, dress forms, the ideas are endless !!!  These block would be great for a wall quilt so embellishments could really add to your blocks and the size leaves plenty of room to add personal touches to the finished quilt.. Everyone would make 12 identical blocks (1 to keep and 11 to share).  Sign up by May 5th, blocks need to be to me by June 20th so they can be mailed back out by June30th.  This one will run a bit longer than the usual month so it will hopefully fit with busy Spring schedules.  

This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.

SIZE: 6.5 inches un-finished blocks

NUMBER OF SQUARES: It takes 12 blocks for a quilt, make 12, keep one, send 11 in and you will get 11 back  

FABRICS: Whatever fits the theme just make sure you use a quilt shop quality fabric ( NO SEE THROUGH FABRIC)

DESIGN:  Anything that fits the theme---- let's make this a fun quilt so take embellishments are fine, just make sure if you add some that the block can still be washable. It would be great if you sign your block in some way so everyone knows who they are from.

TECHNIQUE: pieced, paper pieced, applique, free form, touches of embroidery, embroidery machine.

SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your  blocks will be sent to me - ( send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)

POSTAGE:Along with your blocks send me a STAMPED self-addressed FLAT RATE envelope. I will use this to send the blocks back to you.

SIGN UP DEADLINE:   May 5th .The goal is to have 12 joiners or more so that you will get back 11 different blocks.  

SIGN UP:    To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list.Once you are signed up I will message you my address and you can do the same through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.

MAIL IN DEADLINE:  ALL blocks must be in my hands by June 20th.  If you can get them done early, send them!  

If you join and can not complete your blocks please notify me as soon as possible so the rest of the group is not waiting on your blocks. If life happens to throw a curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info and updates!!

If I have left anything out, or you have any questions,  please ask!

1. Mary Aldrich---------------Scissors

2. Vicky Bujnak-----------withdrawn 

3. Beth North---------------Scrap pile---------------------------------------------RECEIVED

4. Sharon Gallegos--------Vintage Singer sewing machine--------------RECEIVED

5. Chef Lisa-----------------Sewing basket--------------------------------------RECEIVED

6. Wilma Schirra-Kays----Sewing bike----------------------------------------RECEIVED

7. Carla Walton-------------Button jar--------------------------------------------RECEIVED

8. Kenya Hampton------------------------------------------------------------------RECEIVED

9. Jean McCusker---------Sunbonnet stitcher -------------------------------RECEIVED

10.Myrna Crouch-------------------------------------------------------------------RECEIVED

11.Connie Wilkerson-----Sewing sign post--------------------------------RECEIVED

12.Mary-Anne Buist------Sewing fairy----------------------------------------RECEIVED

13.Chris Michelle---------Pin cushion -----------------------------------------RECEIVED

Views: 2589

Replies to This Discussion

a scrap pile.....lololol. that's funny. that's what it is...but it's still funny.

Speaking of customer quilts..... how many do you have? I need to send one.

Send away. How soon need?
My computer xrashed on this site, got a virus. Anyone else? Using my phone.

Not here, hopefully it doesn't show up unexpectedly.

Finally have my new front door in I just need to paint trim n add new door locks! Sheeze that sure was a workout! Then to get the dust out of house.
I'm on correctly now!
Attachments:

Very nice door, Chef.

Thanks I almost had a heat stroke getting it in as we broke a record temp of 98. I'm still feeling it. So now I just need to get the trim finished painted. Hubby installing new locks. It sure needed it!

wow! very pretty!!

I love it Chef!

Your new door is beautiful

Sorry I just needed you gals to know I wasn't ignoring you. I have 2 blocks embroidered. It's a slow go but you gals, I think know I love handwork.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service