This will  be a monthly swap with a different project each month. Signup will be month by month so there is no long term commitment----join in for the projects you like, skip the months that you are short on time.

June project:

SIZZLING SUMMER TOPPER/CANDLE HOLDER

Summer time is coming!!  For those of you patiently or impatiently waiting for summer how about turning those Summer thoughts to a new table topper or candle holder. Think spring gardens, hot Summer days, Fourth of July, picnics in the park and let your creative ideas come to life.

This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.

SIZE:   16" to 18"  square or round

DESIGN:  Anything that fits a summer theme, just take it easy on the embellishments or make sure if you add some that the topper is still washable. It would be great if you sign your project in some way ( on the back is great) so everyone knows who they are from.

TECHNIQUE: pieced, paper pieced, applique, free form, embroidery. Please be sure to use quilt shop quality fabric--no see through please!!

SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your project will be sent to me - send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)

POSTAGE: Along with your project send me a STAMPED self-addressed  envelope. I will use this to send your new topper back to you.

SIGN UP:    To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list. Once signed up is closed I will message you my address  through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.

MAIL IN DEADLINE:  ALL blocks must be in my hands by June 25th.  If you can get them done early, send them!  

If you join and can not complete your project please notify me as soon as possible so I can remove you from the list. If life happens to throw a curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info and updates!!

If I have left anything out, or you have any questions,  please ask!

1. Mary Aldrich

2. Gayle Cements

3. Wilma Schirra-Kays 

Views: 223

Replies to This Discussion

cute, thank you, Mary

So the first one is a machine embroidery design from whom?

The first one is from Designs by Lizette, I found it on OPW. Her designs are currently 70% off.

What is OPW? Have not heard of that embroidery site.

OPW is Oregon Patchworks an embroidery designs online mall. Lots and lots of great designs with featured designers of the week (DOW) they also have some great free designs. 

Hi there, just curious if my item was received and if the swap has been mailed...

I received no packages or word from Mary.

Received my table topper today.  It is very pretty.  Thank you to whom ever made it.

I received my table topper today. Very pretty. Will try to take a picture and post it.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service