This will  be a monthly swap with a different project each month. Signup will be month by month so there is no long term commitment----join in for the projects you like, skip the months that you are short on time.

June project:

SIZZLING SUMMER TOPPER/CANDLE HOLDER

Summer time is coming!!  For those of you patiently or impatiently waiting for summer how about turning those Summer thoughts to a new table topper or candle holder. Think spring gardens, hot Summer days, Fourth of July, picnics in the park and let your creative ideas come to life.

This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.

SIZE:   16" to 18"  square or round

DESIGN:  Anything that fits a summer theme, just take it easy on the embellishments or make sure if you add some that the topper is still washable. It would be great if you sign your project in some way ( on the back is great) so everyone knows who they are from.

TECHNIQUE: pieced, paper pieced, applique, free form, embroidery. Please be sure to use quilt shop quality fabric--no see through please!!

SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your project will be sent to me - send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)

POSTAGE: Along with your project send me a STAMPED self-addressed  envelope. I will use this to send your new topper back to you.

SIGN UP:    To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list. Once signed up is closed I will message you my address  through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.

MAIL IN DEADLINE:  ALL blocks must be in my hands by June 25th.  If you can get them done early, send them!  

If you join and can not complete your project please notify me as soon as possible so I can remove you from the list. If life happens to throw a curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info and updates!!

If I have left anything out, or you have any questions,  please ask!

1. Mary Aldrich

2. Gayle Cements

3. Wilma Schirra-Kays 

Views: 221

Replies to This Discussion

Mary, sign me up.  Unless your address has changed, I have it.  Okay, so we will not know until the 10th how many we need to make?

Welcome Gayle !! Address is still the same. For this swap you only need to do one item, that way it is a fun  project  that can be done in a weekend for those with busy schedules and fills in the gap between block swaps. 

So let me make sure I understand...one project only. Then you will swap among those entering? If that is the case I am in.

Yes you only do one. I have two possibles picked out, just have to decide which one to do.

Hmmm - I think I'm going to pass on June, but want to keep an eye on this for later projects!

Sorry you're going pass Rebecca, hopefully you'll join in on one of the upcoming ones. I'm open to ideas for upcoming projects if there is one you have in mind.

Between end of school, Scout camp, swim lessons, etc., etc. June is chock full! I hope things will settle down in July so I can jump in :)

Hopefully you can join us in July Rebecca

few suggestions you requested: pot holders, tortilla/bread warmer, place mat, pillow case, hot dish mat, microwave bowls, tote bag, sewing tool pouch, pin cushion, book cover, book marker  small wall hanging maybe with a favorite quote?

Good ideas Gayle! I was thinking about the microwave bowls and covers, maybe for July's project or the hot dish mat or tote. I also really like the idea of a small wall hanging--- have some great patterns and designs I have been wanting to try out for those. Pot holders are always fun and I love the tortilla/bread warmers and the baked potato bags. I've also been collecting some great patterns for totes. I also thought about doing a mystery project---- anything that would use two to three fat quarters some batting and backing.

June is just going to be insane for me.This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll look forward to the rest of the year.

Good morning! Just one more day for signup, hope to get another participant or two but we are good to go either way. I have been at an embroidery party the last couple of days, heading home today. Thought I had picked out the perfect pattern for this swap and then ended up with a couple of new ideas at the party! Now I have to decide which one to do!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service