Patchwork Christmas in July block swap.  Patchwork or paper piecing, no applique or embroidery involved except for decoration purposes.   You choose the pattern you want to use, just make sure the fabric is Christmas prints. Blocks will need to be mailed to me by July 1st.  

Each participant will need to make 12 blocks.  The blocks need to be 12 1/2" x 12 1/2".   Keep one for yourself and mail the others to me with a self addressed stamped envelope to receive your return blocks.  There is no limit to the number of participants as long as you get your blocks to me by July 1st. When you send in your 11 blocks, you will get back 11 blocks.  You may not get one from each participant, but you will get back 11 different blocks.

Thanks

1. Kathy Gurgone - completed

2. Anna Quilts

3. Linda Kaskla

4. Donna Rosengarten

5. Chris Michelle

6. Connie Wilkerson

7. Carla Walton - received

8. Beth North

9. Kenya Hampton

10. Delphine Barnes

11. Libster - received

12. Wilma Schirra-Kays

Views: 1225

Replies to This Discussion

Good to see you playing in this swap. 

Thanks, Beth.

Question for everybody.......How do you feel about a fabric with a bit of metallic in it?   I have some with large ice skates and snowflakes on it. The skate runners, laces and snowflakes are silver metallic.  I'd like to use a 6 1/2" square in the center of 6 of my stars that would have a pair of the skates featured.  If you would rather not have metallic, I certainly understand completely.  I do want my blocks to fit in with everyone else's. I'm going to wait to cut those centers until everybody weighs in on it.  

I have no problem with it. I think Carla’s cardinal fabric may have metallic also

Mine has some metallics also.  I think a lot of Christmas fabric does.

Okay, if others are using it, I'll go ahead and cut those squares and start sewing tomorrow.

Connie is right, mine does have some too. It's fine by me

I didn't even think to ask. Lololol.

I am doing a split 9 patch,  no 2 will be alike

Ok I guess I will do this one also.  Can reduce my stash.

Yay.

If there is a spot open I will take it.

Yay. A bakers dozen. Welcome aboard.

Since you  have enough with out me, I choose to drop out of this swap.  Thank you

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service