There has been some interest in doing a dress block swap. There will be a maximum of 12 participants. Each person will do a dress block representative of their birth month for example, if you were born in July, a patriotic themed dress etc. if there are duplicate months you must willing to switch to a month that is not represented. Your finished block size needs to be 12 1/2 inches. If you would like to participate, please respond to this bread by saying "I'm in!" First 11 responses will be the participants. Blocks will be due to me by May 31. Looking forward to seeing the months!

Below are the months that are already been spoken for.  I am flexible to change my month, so if you want to join, say I'm in and the month you would like of the remaining choices.  First come first served!

January Kathy Gurgone

February Kenya Hampton

March Vicki Bujnak

April Carla J Walton

May Mary-Anne Buist

June Connie Wilkerson

July Wilma Schirra-Kays

August Beth A North

September Jean McCusker

October Mary Aldrich

November Chris Michelle

December Cristin McCusker

Views: 2599

Replies to This Discussion

The dresses are off to Vicki.  Here is the tracking number 9500-1100-4939-7142-1325-19.  Delivery expected by Thursday (we will see!).  Can't wait to get these back, I actually bought some cute backing full of dress forms.  Ready to go.

I thought I'd be finished with the dresses last night, but then I discovered through an accident that the color bleeds on the red dresses. (There's 6 green and 5 red.)  I started emergency trying to get the dye out.

I can still tell that there's a bit of extra red in the background, though it's not really showing when I take a photo.

Several people have suggested I try synthrapol detergent for it.  I think the fastest I can get that is Friday.  Do you think it's worth a few more days wait?

have you tried the color catchers? I had that problem on red and I used those...it came right out! then I used vinegar water  to set the color. it worked.

That's what I did last night, Carla. Worked better than I hoped, but there's still a little bit of color. I guess I should get my mother to be a second pair of eyes. I think I might need to sew another.

its not that noticeable...I would take one. wouldn't bother me.

I honestly think they are fine :)

I think they look fine. I love the red fabric. I am sure the green are just as lovely.

Vicki my package went out today. suppose to be there by Friday.

My dress are done!! Just trimming the squares and they will be off to the PO, you should have them Friday or Saturday

Was looking through my dress designs and couldn't help stitching this one out as a mug rug.

Adorable!

very cute!!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service