Birds remind us that Spring is almost here. Let’s do a 12” block that incorporates a Bird/Birds. It can be any bird you want, make all the same for as many as we have participating. Opening for 12 spots

You will make 12 - 12” bird blocks that will be sent to me on or before April 18. Send blocks with a return self addressed stamped envelope. I will message my address to those who don’t already have it. It must be constructed of quality fabric. It can be done in any method you desire. The background can be what fits with your bird - if you have a Cardinal in winter on a snowy tree branch or bird getting a worm on a spring grassy area. Just remember the bird is the focal point.

You must post your progress on this discussion page.

RULE: you must Post progress or you could loose your spot in the exchange. We have created a great group from our block exchanges in the past. Several have created some wonderful works of art. If you are having troubles you can message me or Carla and/or post on the page and one or several may be able to help let’s make this fun again!

1. Chef - Pelican*
  2. Carla - Hummingbird*
  3. Connie - Robin*
  4. Mary Anne - Canadian Goose*
  5. Beth - Chickadee, Meadowlark 
  6. Jean - Flamingo or roadrunner*
  7. Wilma - Shabby Chic Birdcage*
  8. Gail - Oreo*
  9. Rosemary Martens*
  10. Kathy - Owl*
  11. Gail C *
  12. Delphine - Peacock*

Views: 3531

Replies to This Discussion

Well Lisa is. Lol. I haven't started getting any yet. But I did send my birds! Lol. Your geese are wonderful!

I got your package today Carla. 

Ok wonderful.

How is everyone doing? I’m still stitching my Pelicans

Been raining all day! Whoop whoop. I went to Venice Quiltshow today what a nice show it was so nice to meet FB quilting friends and just do much of nothing else. 

That sounds great!

Well 2 down today - applique'd and embroidered but still have 9 to go - WHY oh WHY do I make things so complicated LOL.........the geese block  has almost 30,000 stitches and 59 minutes without the color changes and then I have to add the borders.........each one is unique - I think I took on more than I can handle - but hopefully I will have them all done by Friday if i do 2-3 a day.  Then on to the Seahorse LOL

Because you love us and want us to have pretty things???

;)

of course LOL...........8 more to go! :-)

You do such wonderful things and we love you! ;)

We will all appreciate your hard work and think of all those thread changes you did for us. 

I will be getting on mine this week.  Been doing customer quilts and put these off.  Don't fret, they will be done on time. 

Lisa, did you get my blocks?  The post office has been so erratic lately, I just want to make sure. 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service