Birds remind us that Spring is almost here. Let’s do a 12” block that incorporates a Bird/Birds. It can be any bird you want, make all the same for as many as we have participating. Opening for 12 spots

You will make 12 - 12” bird blocks that will be sent to me on or before April 18. Send blocks with a return self addressed stamped envelope. I will message my address to those who don’t already have it. It must be constructed of quality fabric. It can be done in any method you desire. The background can be what fits with your bird - if you have a Cardinal in winter on a snowy tree branch or bird getting a worm on a spring grassy area. Just remember the bird is the focal point.

You must post your progress on this discussion page.

RULE: you must Post progress or you could loose your spot in the exchange. We have created a great group from our block exchanges in the past. Several have created some wonderful works of art. If you are having troubles you can message me or Carla and/or post on the page and one or several may be able to help let’s make this fun again!

1. Chef - Egret Parrot Pelican
  2. Carla - Hummingbird
  3. Connie - Robin
  4. Mary Anne - Canadian Goose
  5. Beth - Chickadee, Meadowlark 
  6. Jean - Flamingo or roadrunner
  7. Wilma - Shabby Chic Birdcage
  8. Gail - Oreo
  9. Rosemary Martens
  10. Kathy - Owl
  11. Gail C *
  12. Delphine - Peacock

Views: 1458

Replies to This Discussion

And my dear friend lives in Saginaw.  She is not happy about this winter.  They decided not to head to SC this year and she said “never again”.  We here in NV are enjoying unprecedented warm weather...mid 70s today, but cooler and rain expected next week.

Enjoy it for me!!

Welcome, Rosemary!  Years and years and years ago I worked at Harper-Grace Hospital in Detroit (Grace) for a year.  (The commute from Toledo got old.)  We only got 5" yesterday.

Rosemary I grew up in north Illinois I don’t miss any part of that cold. I was in WI back in November and it was -12 when we headed back to Florida. I’ve been gone 20 yrs I’m acclimated to the heat. I can’t do cold no more and I’m not even to the 60 mark yet. I’m so wimpy!

I have 5 fused one totally completed and all pieces individually fused to the fabrics. It's a lot of work!  Lol. What amazes me is that many of the head pieces have a natural " eye" that was part of the dye process and just happened to land in the right place. Very cool. I will not put eyes on these and if you wish to put on c an eye you can

Oh my you have just been busy!  I’m still trying to get my yard finished so I can start quilts before the heat really kicks in 

Wow!

Look at you go girl.  I did find some background fabric this Saturday so I can get mine started on stitching.

Beautiful as always Carla!

Thank you Chris.

All very well done, Carla!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service