Start of a new block exchange!

9" finished - It can be any idea you want to swap. You just need to do all of the same idea.

The backing fabric must be of quality fabric. You will make 11 sent to me to be distributed back to all of you. This will be no different than the swaps we did before.

Deadline to join is Nov. 6, 2017

Message Carla Walton for her address she will receive the mail please make sure you place in your package a return postage envelope. Mailing date before Nov. 30 2017 this is the deadline, if your blocks are not received or you need help message Carla Walton on your reason for a delay. Post comments please to keep everyone abroad of your situation.

Admin: Carla Walton
Please send your pkgs to Carla Walton she will private message her address

1. Chef Lisa
2. Ethelda *
3. Vicki
4. Beth *
5. Mary-Anne *
6. Rebecca *
7. Gail Brown *
8. Wilma *
9. Melanie Keith

Views: 1579

Replies to This Discussion

I understand how things go bad after a while, some people just lose interest or life gets in the way. I love swaps of all kinds, some of my most cherished things were received in swaps.  I've made some wonderful friends on line.  I've had some serious health issues from time to time but, those friends were always there, all I had to do was turn on the computer.  I am not an art quilter, more of a traditional, however some of the blocks I received were knock outs for sure.  I love them and admire the talent.  Right now I am hooked on hexies.  I have finished one Grandmothers flower garden, but am trying more creative ways to use them.  That may be an Idea for the future, also holiday themed blocks, childrens blocks for donations to Project Linus perhaps.  Maybe some kind of challange blocks.  It's always fun to try to pull someone out of their comfort zone color wise or theme wise.

Just a few ideas thrown out there to think about.  I would love to be a regular member of this group of creative gals.

You are certainly welcome to be that Gail. I too have some cherished blocks from these girls. We did a Halloween block swap several years ago and I made my quilt from those blocks. I embroidered everyone's names on the blocks they made and one of the girls Connie Wilkerson even quilted it. So it means a lot to me. I have many others that I need to complete too. I will post a couple on here that have come from swaps from this group. I probably have 7 more quilts to make from swaps we have done. It was awesome.

This was a great swap! You made a fabulous quilt from that swap. I did the lime green eyed with tree branch. I had fun making that block. 

I don’t remember this one. I don’t think I did this one. Very pretty

I haven’t put one swap quilt together yet! Something always gets in the way- exhibit, show surgery or now I have my adopted son who is getting engaged in March. So now I do need to get to work on their wedding quilt! I will have a long arm quilter quilt that one for me. I bought a kit with all pieces cut out in Batiks, of course, my favorite fabrics. Bought it from Hancock’s of Paducah on sale! I posted a picture a while back. 

I need a quilting partner to keep me on track n finish some of my UFO’s

Chef - I totally believe in Karma  - and for the individual who kept all our block - her day will come - I will put on my thinking cap and would love to do another swap before I head home - nobody will ever forgive her and/or participate with her again - she in essence has blackballed herself.  So perhaps we can do something similar with a twist perhaps and limit it to 8 people.  Will think on it

Mary Anne if you can think of a great one let us all know and we can carry forward into the new year. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all.  Looking forward to a swap or two in 2018...

Wilma

Merry Christmas to all of you - loved the swap and the extra goodies Carla sent........still saving the chocolate LOL....can't believe I haven't eaten it yet.   Looking forward to the next one whatever it is - been busy making fabric bowls for gifts - my big machine has not come back from the machine dr yet so I have been in withdrawal for the last month.  Will check in and see what we are doing for the new year before I head back to Canada in the spring.  Gail - this is one of the best group of ladies out there and all so talented. Glad you joined!

Did you notice that the calories for that delicious chocolate bar are highlighted so we have to know.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service