Hi Everyone!

I have taken the lead to organize the 2017 Teacup Block swap.  We  have 12 members, so the group is closed.  

Vicki Bujnak

Ginny Anderson

Rebecca Schmidt

Wilma Schirra-Kups

Mary Aldrich

Jean McCusker

Cristin McCusker

Carla J. Walton

Beth A. North

Chef Lisa

Connie Wilkerson

Pat Waters

Going forward, please use this discussion thread for all correspondence regarding this swap!

Thank you all and Happy Quilting!

Vicki

Views: 2614

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, this is from Hawaii. The floral, traditional fabrics were too bold, so I thought this had a nice Asian theme.

Very pretty fabric!!  pretty cup too!

Thank you. I also made the block overly big, so it can be cut to fit.

I can't decide which one to go with I like both of them. What do you ladies think? IF I use the one without butterflies I will either change the teapot color or use a darker background

Just my two cents, but I like the more classic looking teapot. But then, I'm a bit of a traditionalist :)

I like the traditional one also, just change background color.

BTW - I think they are both great! 

We haven't seen all the cups yet, but from what I've seen so far I think the traditional teapot blends better. Of course, I'm sure there are ways to liven the traditional one up and tone the bright down, right?  The color of thread you use will make a big difference. It's your block, Mary. Go with your heart!

I love them both.

Both great but I like traditional as well

Mary, l' m not part of swap, but just have to say how much l LOVE that second one ,However, l learned from the Funky Chicken swap that your block must fit in with other peoples choices in order to make a cohesive quilt. Your swap buddies seem to have gone traditional. But boy would l love to see the rest of the series in the bold colors...what' s the pattern? Or is it your own design?

Riana, thanks for the comments, very true about having to have my block blend in. The second one is from one of my favorite sites--Kreations by Kara. She has some beautiful designs, this one has 9 different fun tea time blocks and is call Tea Time Applique.  Another one of hers that I really like is Shoes of a Feather.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service