i only crochet with cotton yarn, 'cause most of the artificial yarns "eat" my hands due to my allergies & sensitivities. does anyone else use cotton yarns? if so, what are some of your fav brands?

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

Hobby Lobby has "I Love This Yarn".  It's very soft and good for preemie, baby, and chemo hats.

Garnie, thank you

Caron is my choice for cotton yarn.  I use "I Love This Yarn" mainly.  It's a Hobby Lobby brand and is really soft.  Red Heart can get a little rough at times.

I must really love "I Love This Yarn".  I noticed I posted about it twice.

thank you

Suzann, I only ever use 100% cotton thread for my dolies.  There are cotton yarns in Australia but they are mostly used for making clothes garments.  I used to make baby clothes a long time ago, but mostly now only ever make doilies to give as gifts for friends and family.   I have got a blanket that I started years ago with some lovely yarn to make a granny blanket.  I will pull it out and take a picture of it for you.  As well I have a baby blanket and cardigan that I also knitted and have kept for a rainy day.  The baby's blanket has embrodiery and glass beads on it.  It is totally unique and absolutely  only to be used with direct adult supervision because of the beads on it.  It was made with someone in mind but it didn't work out so it sits in my cupboard.  I will post pictures in two days so watch out for them.  Julie.

i look forward to seeing them.

Ladies,

I posted a new discussion called "Picture Your Projects".  It's a place where you can post pictures of your projects.  I posted some of mine already.   Let's get to posting... !

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…