Have any of you tried working with either of these tools in your hand-quilting? As a newbie, I love the look and peaceful tranquility of quilting by hand, but, my underhand is crying for relief. That repetitive prick is going to make me rethink this whole hand-quilting thing. I've done two queen bed quilts and a wallhanging...but, I don't now how much more of this I can do! Do either of these tools work for you? Are they very difficult to learn to use efficiently?

Views: 4864

Replies to This Discussion

I have not been able to find "Friction Block" in my area. But your suggestion got me thinking and I picked up some "New Skin" liquid bandage. I am going to try that and see what results I get.

I hope it works for you.  I found my Friction Block at Walmart with the Bandaids.  I haven't tried New Skin but it might work just as well.  Good luck.

I love TJ's Quick Quilter Spoon.  I am Type 1 Diabetic and test at least 8 times a day, so I'm not real big on sticking myself with a quilting needle.  My stitches are small, but like anything else, it takes practice.  Jinny Beyer (a fantastic quilter/designer) uses one and that is what got me started.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service