Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
We all know what it's like to go to the fabric store and buy a piece of fabric, only to get it home and say "UUK, why did I buy this? What was I thinking?”
Here are the specifics for this challenge:
1. Participants must sign up no later than September 15th
2. Take 1 yard of fabric you can't believe you bought
Cut it into: one - 1/2 yd piece
one - 1/4 yd piece
two - 1/8 yd pieces
3. Place material in a plastic bag, along with your name and address and marked washed or unwashed. Enclose enough money for postage, to have your “UUK” Kit mailed to you.
Your material should reach me no later than Sept 22nd.
193 Highwood Dr
Libby, MT 59923
4. Your “UUK” kits will be made up and mailed out to you no later than Sept 29th.
Each kit will include one –1/2 yd of Suzie Q’s material
one – 1/4 yd of Stitchin Samantha’s material
and two 1/8 yd pieces of material from two other participants.
5. Your challenge is to make ANYTHING you want out of your “UUK” Kit.
All 4 pieces HAVE to be used
You can add other material
6. Deadline for completion is 6 pm Nov 15th. A photo of your completed project needs to be emailed to me at troisutton at yahoo dot com. Please DO NOT post a picture of your completed project in the group. I will post pictures of all completed projects (minus names) for a secret ballot to determine winners. Depending on the number of participants, we will give out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes, which will be given by Suzanne.
7. You can enter as many times as you want (great way to get rid of those ‘uuk’ pieces that stare at you saying “use me, use me” and you reply “NO you’re too ugly”). Just remember to package each entry in a separate plastic bag, and to make sure you send enough postage for each entry. Example: if you send two bags of material, you need to send enough postage to have two “UUK Kits” mailed back to you.
Don’t forget this challenge can be used in the next FIUP challenge also.
If you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know.