This challenge is to see how many UFOs you can finish in the year.   Supporting and encouraging one another in completing our accumulated UFOs.

You can set a goal for each month, but definitely is not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing said UFO from your incomplete stack of projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it.... you see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile. We are great enablers, too!

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow it's whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFO's; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finished project!

Views: 107

Replies to This Discussion

I have set a goal to finish 30 by April 15.  Yes, that is crazy, but some only need to be quilted and then others will take time.  My total for year is 60.  I am an OCD person and need to challenge myself to get things done.  This is me, so please don't be intimidated by my competitive nature.  If I don't set goals, I don't get anything done. 

Beth, I'd like to participate in this UFO challenge.  I'm going to work on a Pink Ribbon Quilt that I started quite a few years ago.

This year I'm back into sewing, I had a chaotic year last year running a school fete and did a lot of sewing, knitting, card making and other craft for that and nothing for me, so this year I'm determined to get everything sorted so I can just sit and sew when I get a bit of time. So far I've finished 2 pot holders, and a bag, a couple of scrap tops which I will donate to the clubs charity quilt program and another member with a long arm machine will quilt. Still have a few half finished scrappy projects though as I sew bits together rather than leaving them in a pile, I think two stack of coin quilts, need to find sashing for and then when I get time quilt for the holiday house. It's a start.
Thanks for all the challenges, it's really fun and very motivating

Welcome aboard the UFO train Elizabeth and Joy.  At least I am not alone in setting my mind to finishing some of the projects we have started.  It is not easy at times to work on something that has you stumped.  I have worked on a couple of them, my daughters Kaffe Fassett quilt that is nothing but shading of strips.  It has me stumped because I am a little color challenged and can't see the end result correctly.  I will get it even if not perfect.  Then I worked on my Frosty Wonderland that is a BOM from a couple of years ago.  Finished up the last of the fusibles and cut them out.  Not to fuse them and stitch them down.  Thought I could keep up with a BOM again, nope.  Will be cute though.  Then at least touched the owl fusible wall hanging from 2014.  It is a start. LOL

I'm ready to start machine quilting a Kanga Quilt, my second UFO of the year and third quilt project.  I bought it in Kenya a few years ago.  I'm trying to finish one quilt project a week.

I'm joining in on this as well. It will help to keep myself challenged to work on those ufo's taking up space that could be better used. :)  So far, I have finished up 2 pillow case projects for a great start this year.  

Wonderful!  Glad you are starting to move forward.

Beth, I finished the Mill House Inn tote bag - my third UFO this year and fourth project for January.  I've started a throw size quilt for February.  It isn't a UFO but I'm using my stash - no new fabric.  I saw a picture of Sparking Stars in the Connecting Threads catalog and figured out how to cut and sew it.  The fabric is mostly from the CT Aqua Terra collection and some other coordinating fabrics from my stash.  It is rust, aqua and cream.

Toot Toot!!!!!!  Terrific Elizabeth.  Glad you are getting them done.  I need to get into gear.  I am going to start working again on one of the couple oldest UFOs I have.  It is a crazy patch star that I started nearly 20 years ago when I thought I had enough scraps.  Yep since then, they have piled so high.  Hopefully I get it done in a couple of weeks.  I have 95 or so diamonds left.  It has to be done, it is entered in a quilt show.

UGH!  This Crazy Patch Star scrap ufo is taking me so long to do.  Since customer quilts are nearly caught up in full, will work on it a bit more tonight and in the am.  See if I can finish up 20 blocks in that time.  Would love to see this one finally get done this week.  The quilting on it will be slow because it has the foundation blocks and will most likely open seams so that there is not that heavy amount of fabric at the joints.  Maybe that will help.  Well, back to work.

With a little help from my friend, Ginny, I have these UFOs done. 

Oh wow, Beth they are so cute!  beautiful work.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service