This Challenge is set out to help you bust some of that stash. To help you become aware of many things of yourself.  Follow your purchasing habits.  See how much it actually takes to make that quilt.

Consider joining the group, if you want to reduce the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places, come and join in the fun.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash "UNDER CONTROL".  

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right? 

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!! 

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine will be that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.  Responding helps to keep you on track for being accountable to yourself. 

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2016.  

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!  Be consistent for yourself.   

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart, next week, January 3. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Come and join in the fun.  Even if you don't get in at the beginning, let me know you want to play along and I will be glad to add you into the fold.

WANNA BE A STASH BUSTER?

Respond and indicate your goal, in yards, following this post.

Views: 5544

Replies to This Discussion

finished another yesterday so another 3 yards out, that will be all for this year.

Cut backings for last tapestry and my 365 top.  9.8 yds out!!  Thank you , Beth and all for the encouragement.

Well we did bust 749 yards for the year.  Now that is terrific I think.  Yes, we did keep the LQS in business, which is great as well.  See you in the new year thread ladies.

So all of us together YTD 749.74. And our total goal was 260. Hey! we're good! LOL!! 

LQS? I am such a dummy.

Well ladies combined we sure used alot of fabric!  It is such fun interacting with all of you, ty for being here.

Yes, thank you, Beth, for keeping us all on track &/or at least more conscious of our fabric. Your charts through out the year were inspiring for me and I think the others, too! Right, Girls?! 

Yes, Ginny, I agree.  There were a couple of times during the year when I knew a store was having a great sale or going out of business but I stayed away.  Needed to get my fabric under control.  Thanks Beth for doing this.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service