Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stashbusting goals for 2016, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stashbuster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favourite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2017, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week (or two) behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 2773

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that was really nice of her!  Glad you got that settled. 

Yes Jan it was.  I plan to do more shopping there in the future.  Customer service is important to me.

Yes, I agree.

Got bogged down on cutting the pickle dish...not sure what I really want to do with it.  Think I'll concentrate on last minute presents this month.

'

I think I have created a fabric monster!  I am making a quilt to be auctioned off and needed fabric with books in it.  Yes, I could go on-line but I do feel one should shop locally or at brick-and-mortar stores if possible.  I have had no luck.  My friend who belongs to the same organization that I'm donating to said she would help me look as she travels a lot and could hit any quilt stores that she might see.  She does not quilt, she does not sew but she's willing to go look at fabric for me.  So, for the past 2 months she's been checking places out around the country.  I then get a text: Didn't find the book fabric but found something I thought you'd like. Too funny but I'm enjoying the surprise fabric in the mail. 

Plus my son and his wife found a quilt shop in their travels so when my husband and I went to visit they took me to it.  Great shop and of course, had to buy.  It was getting late in the afternoon and my son kept saying things like, "Ready to go yet, Mom?"  "You're getting kind of tired aren't you?  You've been up since early this morning." etc.  And I was starting to slow down when I looked up and saw the sign.  "The Clearance Room!"  I took off.  I heard my son behind me say, "Great, she's got her second wind.  I'm out."  Also, at this same shop I bought the last of their book fabric!  Finally found it.

So . . .10 yards in, 0 (unfortunately, because this means I haven't had the chance to quilt) out.

Too funny, Jan! Sounds like an interesting project. I thought at first that you were making a book shelves quilt, but on reading further, I understood better. Hope we get to see the finished top soon! 

Ginny -- I am hoping at the beginning of the year that my life will slow down and I'll actually be able to do some quilting.  Or do anything fun, for that matter. I do have a few months before I have to have it done but I know me -- I'll keep putting it off until the deadline is near and then scramble.  Really don't want to do that.  Yes, I will post a picture once I have it all done. 

What an awesome friend!  Happy sewing, Jan.

Gayle -- yes, she is.  I've known her for, well, more years than I want to say.  A long time.  My husband and I stay with her several times through out the year and our kids have grown up together.  Recently when we went to visit she said, "A new quilt shop opened up down the road.  I thought I'd take you there."  Yeah, great.  We went in, roamed around, got to talking to the owner and I asked, "How long have you been here?"  "12 years."  12 years????? My friend and I looked at each other and at the same time we both yelled, "Why didn't you know this?"  But, yes, she is a great friend. 

lollollollo !!!!!!!  this is the funniest, funnest story i've read in sich a long timr!! your son sounds exactly like mine ..says the same sorts of things too! :))

Rogue Quilter -- yes, I have a lot of fun with my son.  I'm sure you do with yours, too.  Glad you enjoyed my story!

Thanks for sharing Jan. Can't wait to see this quilt. Sounds like you have a pretty cool friend.\

0 IN 1 1/2 yds OUT

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service