Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stashbusting goals for 2016, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stashbuster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favourite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2017, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week (or two) behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 2173

Replies to This Discussion

0 in 0 out 

Out..maybe 1/4 yd.  Busy planning to teach knitting at an art camp.

15 yds IN and 3/4 yds OUT. 

I have to make six aprons for a friend of mine. It takes 2  1/2 yds per apron. It's a full apron for a plus size person.

0 in and 1/2 yd. out for the week, Beth.

1 yd out, 0 in.

I am hoping I have this correct, if not, let me know (gently).  I had lots in but more out.  Glad I posted when I finished projects otherwise I would have forgotten eight yards of my total.  Did shopping in Montana and my row by row kits that hubby brought home.  I guess he wanted me to have more fabric. LOL  Picked up some pretty panels and batiks in Montana.  Was pretty good overall.  Then I did disburse some yardage to friend for her row by row quilt, then mine is nearly done and I counted it.  Will post photos when all the embellishments are on.

Thank you for being faithful and patient with me. 

Beth, thank you.  I hope you had a wonderful vacation. I am glad you are back with us at MQP.

I have good news and bad news, I already gave myself credit for my Row by Row, but bad news is I acquired 40 fat quarters, so that is 10 in, but good news is, I have 40 fat quarters.   Win win in my book.  Here is my row by row.

There are lots of buttons, ribbon flowers, and crystals on the rows.  I did extra embellishing on it that was not on the rows.  The flying geese are from my scrap stash that was cut up for several years which needed a home.  A few feathers of course, lines and uneven cross hatching.  Yes, there are flowers and a bow on the shoes.

Love the row by row quilt. Lots of details in it! Love the shoes!! Lots of cute stuff going on.

Love the smile!! You look pretty happy!!

Beyond Cute, Beth!  Love the bicycle fabric in the outer border!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service