Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stashbusting goals for 2016, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stashbuster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favourite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2017, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week (or two) behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 1041

Replies to This Discussion

So Mary, I don't have to count this as an IN then as it will be hanging @ church as soon as I finish it .. and the shape flex is 'interfacing' .. so it's not part of just ONE project .. phew !! 

This is why I am not normally getting much busted.  It is only one piece a day-color determined by temperature.  Otherwise I am working on finished tops.

Well, I am moving backward - lol.  ary Moore just sent me a box that I swear must weigh 40 lbs.  There is a lot of Southwest and cowboy fabric, along with some toddler material and so much more. THANK YOU Mary for your generosity! There are going to be some great lap quilts. And thank your husband as well. My stash just doubled or even tripled.  I make my lap quilts so much of the time I make my lap quilts from scraps and leftover pieces. Give me you lemons and I will make lemonaid. 

My wife and I have a ministry of making lap and baby quilts for those who need one -- Spirit Quilts Ministry. All help is welcomed from material and batting to even cash. With Mary's gifts in the coming weeks and months I will be needing batting and even some backing.  It never stops, thank God! 

March 10th I entered 3 1/2 Out and 0 in. I'm thinking that it is not recorded yet? But I bought a 1/2 yd of pink polka dot so that would make it 1/2 IN and 3 1/2 OUT.    Inching right along........

Thanks Beth!!

0 in and 1 3/4 yd. out for the week, Beth.

I am ashamed to admit I have nothing to report  0 in - 0 out  Repacking sewing room doesn't do a thing for this  lol  

No it doesn't, but you sure know what you have so you will be able to work on your projects later in your new home.

OMGosh, Dee! Don't be ashamed of not sewing with all that you have going on! Beth's right, though. I have "found" some great fabric while packing for a move! New inspiration when you get settled into your new sewing room! 

How can we give Deanna some sort of credit for all the work of moving her stash AGAIN?  She is probably refolding some of it which makes it seem smaller for awhile. 

Way to go Deanna!?

Great job Dee!! 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service