Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stashbusting goals for 2016, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stashbuster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favourite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2017, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week (or two) behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 1047

Replies to This Discussion

Um....not sure what happened here.....but I "lost" my yardage. It should read 9 or 9.5 yards......:)

We make lap quilts for seniors, vets (not QOV) baby quilts and on occasion twin size. We buy at a bulk store and often the stash grows quickly.  So we cut each yard into a couple of 5" strips for strip work or  charm packs - homemade pure cotton.  Then some 2.5" strips for homemade jelly rolls and even a few honeybuns. We also beg at local churches and groups for their scraps. Anyone want to mail a box of scraps of cotton or batting just email me. (We are not-for-profit.),. But I try to turn out one every week to ten days. It is an ongoing battle that   I love.

Beth, did I sign up ?  Or can I do it now ? 

I need to make a form to track this for myself and stick it on the wall !  I was thinking the elephant was stash, but only the background was .. darn !  

In:  4

Out:  2 

And I swear I haven't bought anything !! 

This is a start, by all means you can sign up.  I will post this on the next chart.  Welcome aboard.

What is going to be your goal for the year?  10, 25, 50, 100, 200,?  let me know so I can add it to the chart.

Let me start with 25 .. I think I killed that with the log cabin last year, but I can't start with that now can I .. hahahaha 

No, you can't.  That log cabin was huge. 

But it was two LARGE stacks of fabric, which is now down to like a 1/2  :)   I will make a sham with log cabin blocks !! and use the rest of the fabric for the BACK !!  a ruffle ?  maybe not .. 

0 in 3 1/2 out

Sorted all my stash. Got a lot of 5" blocks to make but three boxes of string quilt pieces.  I love making string quilts so they will go to good use.  Finished the last piece of a ufo and turned it over to my wife to quilt. A good days work on both stash and ufos.

Good job.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service