Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stash busting goals for 2018, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stash buster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2018, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted once a month.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 1894

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you needed it right?

Well, Yeah!! lol!!

Just signed up for the Patchwork Christmas in July. This will be perfect for using up fabric I already own. 

Sounds like fun, Anna!! 

All your fault Wilma...I joined the sock challenge under the name of mntgma.  I am doing the pre-contest pattern to get in shape.  It only took 4 hours to learn and smooth out the cast-on I had never heard of.  I think I am in over my head...but I should learn a lot.

OH..1/4 yd out for the gnomes.

Oh Mary, you are braver than me.  I will look for you on Ravelry.  I printed the pattern and did the cast on and cuff, but trying to finish off a HiyaHiya KAL and a SolidSocks Group KAL Mystery...on Clue 2.  Maybe this weekend I will start the pre-tour pattern.  Many of us cheated and used another cast on...I had trouble with that one also...lol

Oh, I busted some scraps today working on the Patchwork Christmas swap...1-1/4 yards out.  

Anyone see the link on Facebook from AQS....looks like will be staring blocks for each state.  Good way to bust some stash...

Http://www.aqsblog.com/state-block-pennsylvania

Thanks Wilma. I love to collect!! lol!!

That looks awesome!

I had not seen this.  Thank you for posting, Wilma.

Reporting:  5 IN (dress) + 1 1/4 twill (bag)   OUT  Elise:  4  Riley is on the wall and almost ready to put top together.

I rescued some fabric from the clearance table when I went in for a zipper .. it jumped right out at me I swear !!!

And I forgot to count Gnomes ! Thanx for the reminder Mary.

Out (Gnomes)  2 1/4 background … will count more later as I get more blocks done

Thx Beth!

Dee

2 yards out

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service