Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stash busting goals for 2018, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stash buster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2018, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted once a month.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 1878

Replies to This Discussion

Very pretty, Wilma. Have you thought of using the grey polka dot small border then using the yellow for binding? I think that would really give it a nice finish!

Ok, I thought and thought and decided to add the border.  The change I made was to make it 1/2” instead of the 1”.  I figure once I add the binding in the same color, it will be a nice 1” border.  So it is now 44 x 56.  I am going to work on backing out of scraps.  I also found another center panel...any takers?

Once I have the backing done, I will post pictures of both.

0 in and 1/2 yd out.

1/4 yard out. 0 in.

Wilma, that is adorable. 

I will get the chart up in the next day or two.  Trying to get so many things done and little time to do them in.  Story of my life right now, again. 

Not to worry, just when you have time.  Besides, mine went the wrong way LOL

Maybe that is why I am not wanting to post yet, mine is not going forward either.  Working on customer quilts tends to put mine behind.  Oh don't get me wrong, love quilting for others, but there are days when I so want to get mine on, but a customer needs theirs first.

Not much going on here. I am long arm quilting a very big quilt and I do not want to count it till it is all done. For the rest I am working on Lori Holt's, Bee Happy quilt with a local quilt group. Besides background fabric there is not much fabric going into that and it is slow go as I am just too busy. With the help of a fellow quilter I was able to buy 1 yard to finnish my St. Patrick's Day border but I have not gotten to it yet. So 1 yard in and 0 out. The good part is once I get a quilt completed it will be a nice amount of yardage out but I do not see that happening till June some time.

Keep on working girl.  It will get there.

Thank you for the encouragement Beth. I can hear your voice in my head when I am quilting. LOL In a good way girl! Hope your foot was feeling a bit better today.

Oh goodness, where does the time fly?

One of our fabric stores is closing 10 1/4 yards in today is last day they are open :(

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service