Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stash busting goals for 2018, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stash buster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2018, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted once a month.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 1892

Replies to This Discussion

I will Mary. It started last Thurs still felt feverish yesterday. Today has been a very good day. It seems to keep you guessing. One day I feel good the next not so good. A friend called to give me all the statistics of dead people due to the flu. That was encouraging. Already new that! ha! ha! Collin has it also. We both are still trying to get rid of a deep cough. We didn't go to church today or last Sunday either. Slept  a lot! I have never seen such an epidemic in our country. And this is the first time I've had the flu twice within 4 months. Needless to say I haven't gotten any sewing done. This week will be better I'm sure. The Murder Mystery Block of the Month sounds interesting. In the library with a rope??? a knife? a candlestick??? I'll bet it will be fun. Can't get involved to much to catch up on, 

1 yard in

2.5 yards in (yikes), 3 yards out.  Made 2 adult bibs and saddlebags for mom’s wheelchair.  Will post pics later.

Reporting for this week:

2 1/2 yards OUT  1 1/2 IN  (that baby flannel backing -- I needed ANOTHER ONE for another grandbaby !!)  HONEST !! 

Did I remember to post my 5 1/4 OUT for the curtains ??  Just checking .. 

5 yds out finished a quilt of Christmas swap blocks from 2 or 3 years ago.

Am trying to finish my Laundry Basket quilt.  Only 3 more blocks to go.  Couldn't do it.  Started a new project last night.  Sigh.  Anyway, 1/2 yd out, 0 in.

0 in and 0 out this week. I am not counting yardage until the top is completed. I have the Kyoto Garden quilt in progress, though. I am excited about completing this quilt. I will count the top when it is done, then the backing when I get it quilted. Does wide backing count extra? Or would I just count 3 yards of 108 inch as 3 yards? New to the group so not clear on all the rules yet.

That would depend on you.  I personally only count it in as three yards so count it out as three.  If you used six yards of regular sized fabric and pieced which made up the backing the same as 3 yards of 108", then you would count six.  That is how I do it.  You decide how you want to count it.  Whatever makes sense to you, go for it.  No quilt police here.  It is just for fun and self-discipline.

3 yards in for challenges fabric

Consider yourself challenged then. LOL

1 1/2 yards out

I had to buy 5 FQ's for some boom swap blocks. Some colors I just didn't have.  :/

Great progress everyone!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service