This thread will be to help you bust some scraps.  We will not count scraps into yardage, but by completed projects. At that time, you should be able to tell if you busted some scraps.  Personally I have lots of tubs, and I do mean the 50 gallon size tubs full of scraps.  Let us all be zealous to complete as many scrap quilts as possible! 

Make anything you want to make.  Google search for scrap quilts or scrap projects; Pintrest, several books, be creative.  I am sure you have a pattern or two for scrap projects and quilts.  If you find a good pattern, please share. There have been pot holders made (2), purses, slippers, mug rugs(4), quilts (1), placemats (4) etc. The choice is yours.  The purpose of this challenge is to use your scraps.  Crump blocks make wonderful pot holders.

You MUST use scraps.  A scrap size is no bigger than a 10” piece of fabric.  If you have a fat quarter, that is not a scrap. No, a layer cake is not a pile of scraps.  If you have a couple left from your layer cake, that is a scrap to me.

Report on your progress each step of the way.  This will encourage all of us to get on the ball and join in the cause of busting some scraps.

If you can, and only if you can, post photos of your progress.  If you can't post, don't fret please.  It is just for us visual people. 

Celebrate at the end of a completed quilt or project. 

There is no actual start date so you may join in during the year. 

You may use, only from your stash, up to 3 yards of a base fabric for your scrap quilt/project. 

If you only use scrap fabric for your quilt, you get an extra bonus entry for the prize.

Orphan blocks may be used with your scrap quilt/project. 

Your quilt(s) will need to be completed this year to qualify for a prize. Yes, there is a prize in the end. (Will be disclosed later) No, not more scraps. LOL.  Quilters who have completed a scrap quilt this year, will have their name put in a drawing, and at end of year, will pull out of the hat and announce.  Yes, you may do more than one, ten or even 30 if you so desire. 

Beth (4); Carla (2); Gayle (7); Wilma (1); Riana (6); Ehtelda (2);

Views: 923

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Carla and Beth, that may be all for awhile. 

Eh, sure you will come up with something else.

Well, worked on a UFO yesterday.  All ready to press and sew together today.

Have a finished quilt that needed binding, so used scraps to make up 220” of binding.  Today I will press that and hopefully finish this one today.

Finally, squaring up embroidered baby quilt and maybe I will get it bound.  Of course in between this morning I was peaking at some new embroidery designs....like I need more LOL

Feels really good to finish something! I have a very very scrappy top that I need to finish! 

Finished.  The scrappy binding actually looks good with this quilt.  My hubby even likes it.  Only about 5 years to finish, guess that happens to us quilting folks...

Here is the picture.  Scraps made the binding.

Nice tropical selection of fabrics, Wilma. To me, it looks as if you're looking thru a grate at an exotic garden :-))

Oh very pretty!!! Love your scrappy binding too. 

Very nice!  Love that you used the scraps for binding.

So bright and happy, Wilma! The scrappy binding was a perfect finish!

That looks amazing Wilma ~ the scrappy binding is perfect !

Thank you everyone ... if was fun making the binding with scraps, even though it was a pain to sew them all together.  I might try this method again.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service