This thread will be to help you bust some scraps.  We will not count scraps into yardage, but by completed projects. At that time, you should be able to tell if you busted some scraps.  Personally I have lots of tubs, and I do mean the 50 gallon size tubs full of scraps.  Let us all be zealous to complete as many scrap quilts as possible! 

Make anything you want to make.  Google search for scrap quilts or scrap projects; Pintrest, several books, be creative.  I am sure you have a pattern or two for scrap projects and quilts.  If you find a good pattern, please share. There have been pot holders made (2), purses, slippers, mug rugs(4), quilts (1), placemats (4) etc. The choice is yours.  The purpose of this challenge is to use your scraps.  Crump blocks make wonderful pot holders.

You MUST use scraps.  A scrap size is no bigger than a 10” piece of fabric.  If you have a fat quarter, that is not a scrap. No, a layer cake is not a pile of scraps.  If you have a couple left from your layer cake, that is a scrap to me.

Report on your progress each step of the way.  This will encourage all of us to get on the ball and join in the cause of busting some scraps.

If you can, and only if you can, post photos of your progress.  If you can't post, don't fret please.  It is just for us visual people. 

Celebrate at the end of a completed quilt or project. 

There is no actual start date so you may join in during the year. 

You may use, only from your stash, up to 3 yards of a base fabric for your scrap quilt/project. 

If you only use scrap fabric for your quilt, you get an extra bonus entry for the prize.

Orphan blocks may be used with your scrap quilt/project. 

Your quilt(s) will need to be completed this year to qualify for a prize. Yes, there is a prize in the end. (Will be disclosed later) No, not more scraps. LOL.  Quilters who have completed a scrap quilt this year, will have their name put in a drawing, and at end of year, will pull out of the hat and announce.  Yes, you may do more than one, ten or even 30 if you so desire. 

Beth (4); Carla (2); Gayle (7); Wilma (1); Riana (6); Ehtelda (2);

Views: 923

Replies to This Discussion

Currently I am working on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery and I am telling you, thank goodness I do have the Accuquilt.  I was able to cut most of my pieces.  I have 350 little flying geese on my ironing board with 50 more to go.  I have to dig for some more pink civil war scraps.  I know where they are, but I have to have help moving boxes to get to them.  They are what is left from the 365 Block Challenge.  I was able to use some of the scraps from there for this quilt. 

Jealous !!  I used an accu quilt for our QOV workshop on Saturday ... all I can say is WOW ... all those strips I spent hours cutting and then into squares .. just zap .. done ! 

I can't wait to see it Beth! I followed the MQ but did not participate this year. I think Civil War fabrics would be gorgeous in that quilt!

Good grief, Beth...how did you get all that fabric?! While l'm " in" for scrapbusting, l'm always looking to ADD to my stash..pretty hard once one retires ( that ol' income just goes out the door for food, taxes, hearing aids, etc., lol.

Just started my first 2018 scrappy :.))

I got a lot of them when Buggy Barn had their scrap bags.  You got a brown bag of scraps for $5.  I thought I needed scraps till I really looked and saw how many I had made from making quilts for 20 years.  Way to many.

I am looking through my book to decide on my first quilt for the year.  It is "the Big Book of Scrappy Quilts"  that I won last year.

That book is so cool.

Count me in. 

you are in like Flynn.

Count me in again, Beth! 

you got it gf

I experimented to see if I could make bowl cozies scrapper. So, I cut 10 inch squares of the batting and just sewed straps to it. By doing this there is no need to sew the X onto the squares . I did the rest as usual. You could do this like crazy squares too if you wanted. Good way to use up more scraps.  

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service