Under the Sea 12.5 inch Block swap. Applique only. Hand or machine. swap is now closed to sign ups

This swap is for 12.5 inch blocks APPLIQUE ONLY  with back round colors to match the theme. Shades of blues, turquoise or swirly looking fabrics......whatever looks watery...or interesting.  the back grounds do not have to all be the same and your choice of creatures do not have to be all one color either!!embellishments are allowed but keep them quilt friendly please.  Let's make these more realistic looking and not cartoonish. Sea creatures, sea shells, coral, colorful fish,octopus, dolphin,star fish,jellyfish,clown fish, sand dollars crabs whale.....just to name a few ideas. Whatever you like! You can find ideas on coloring pages magazines and even left over row by row H2o patterns! When you decide what you will make let me know so I can post that.

You will make 16 blocks that are 12.5 inch square unfinished. Send 15 keep one for yourself.

.      swap rules:

Dead line for sign up is when I get 16 swappers. Then it will close.

Blocks are DUE no later than June. 20th. That's 3 1/2 months plenty of time!.  the blocks will be sorted and returned within a week of getting them.

.                              ***********late blocks will be returned to you. ******** we will not wait******

If you sign up and can't make the due date please just say so. That way we can make an extra block for ourselves. 

You must provide a self addressed and stamped return  envelope. It would be advisable to use one that provides tracking and insurance but that's not required. I am not responsible for any lost mail though.

Quality fabrics are required.....no see through fabrics or poor quality.

You must comment on THIS post if you wish to join ( make your intentions clear!)and you MUST  comment and share progress regularly. This way we know you are still with us!! Anyone who does not comment or make communication will be removed from the swap. This is so that we do not get to the end of the swap and get disappointed because someone signed up then forgot about it. 

please " friend me" if you haven't so that i can communicate with you if needed. And send my address.

1. Carla - blue crab - finished

2.chef Lisa - clownfish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

3. Connie - dolphin - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

4.Ginny A. - ORCA - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

5.Jean M. - squid - RECEIVED  -  DELIVERED

6. Wilma -  idol fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

7. Mary Anne - sea horse. - RECEIVED - ON HOLD 

8.  Connie - Beta fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

9. BETH N. Barracuda - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

10.Teresa S. - octopus - RECEIVED-DELIVERED 

11. ANNA - turtle -RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

12. KATHY G.- stingray - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

13.Chris M. - jelly fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

14. Cristin M - sea slugs - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

15. kenya H. -  Tang fish. - RECEIVED .- DELIVERED

16. Carla - Angelfish - finished

Started February 27th

Ends June 20th

Views: 6573

Replies to This Discussion

Lisa, 

Glad to hear you mom doing better. 

Carla,

I receive my blocks yesterday.  Yaaa. I love them. Thanks again for hosting this.  And ladies great job on these blocks.

Oh good glad you let me know. Funny looks like everyone got them on the same day. Pretty cool, just need to hear from Anna.

They are all here and safe. I already laid them out several times. It looks like they will not need much to be made into a quilt top as the blocks are so beautiful. Thank you again fellow swappers.

I think I got an extra octopus it had two different bkgd

Sorry after looking at all of them together I see one is a jellyfish. I took them to the hospital to play the word game with my mom. “Is it a whale or Octopus? “ she didn’t know to many. I say Angelfish or close to that. She liked feeling the fabric and stitching. Then asked when I’d get it done, I’d say when you get home cause I’m always here. Chuckle with her. She did pickup a sense of humor! 

Oh, good story, Lisa.

What a good idea! I bet she enjoyed that.

oh how awesome and such a great story!  Glad she is doing well in her recovery

So glad to hear about your mom's progress, Lisa, and her ability to speak. I pray that things continue to improve for her.. 

Thanks for sharing that with us. Praying she get better. I bet she can't wait to get out of there too.

Cute.  Glad she is doing better.

Confession:  I have a third of this quilt top done, if I don’t count the border.  I was only going to take everything off one of the design walls so I could play.  Dog woke me up early, early this morning and the “play” took off and work began.  This might not sound like much, but Cristin gave me all of her blocks and a big block she paper pieced for the center and they all looked so pretty together that it is turning into a queen-sized quilt.  Lol.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service