It would be great to see quilting spaces to get some ideas on organization.
Post up some ideas or pictures of your own.

Views: 3500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jackee, there is a "Longarm quiters" group on My Quilt Place with a lot of knowledge. Go check back a few pages therè & see. l remember reading about similar probs. w/batik. 

l agree w/Ruth...try different needle larger, smaller...see what works. It's probably too late to change threads?? that would be an option if you can match the colour in a polyester ( stronger) thread...not too thick, though.

I'll definitely look for that Longarmer's group.  I'd like the input.  Thanks,

Here's one photo of my sewing and stamping room.

Such a lovely space!  I love the wall color!  And I see you have lots of books!!!

I had many more books, there was no extra space. I gave away a ton of patterns, books and 7 large plastic tubs of fabric. I did the same with all my rubber stamping supplies. For some reason having less "stuff" freed me up to start being creative again.

This is pretty much my setup. Too funny. The only difference is I look out my window from time to time since it faces a pond and lots of birds frequent it. It also gives me inspiration and I have a small TV that I watch craft shows on and YouTube demos for quilting. Beautiful wall hanging. 

I hope this is the correct forum. I have inherited a Jamone 6500 and sewing table from my mother. I can't for the life of me figure out how the machine goes on the table. The table is flat, but has a piece that comes up (photo). My Mom is gone now, so I can't ask her. 

Please help!

Thanks,

Susan

Attachments:

Susan, l only just found this post...the Janome 6500 is a flatbed machine, which is why it's great for quilting. But there's no way that it fits that particular table. That table has an openning designed for a machine with a sleeve arm, Maybe it's from an older machine your mom had.

If its like mine it has a spring motion and you just press on it and it pops up slowly into place. Remember its slow and be sure to look underneath to see if it does have a lift or spring to help. I hope you figure it out. You inherited a wonderful machine. Happy stitching

I use a chest of drawers to hold all my fat quarters. They fit nicely and I can see all the colors at a glance. It's also a great way to store all your stabilizers or patterns. Love it.

I have a free video of my quilt room on my web site. www.kathymcneilquilts.com

Attachments:

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service