Hi all!

What a great group. Wonder why it took me so long to get here!

I'm retired & quilting, gardening & cooking are my favorite pastimes. I've been sewing since I was 12 when my grandma helped me make my 1st dress. I still do some garment sewing but since I discovered free motion quilting about 10 years ago it has taken over my life LOL

I'm fortunate to have a nice screen room addition we added for my quilting studio when I had outgrown the spare bedroom. It's the "girl spot" where my 3 female cats spend most of their time & I spend a lot of my time.

Look forward to seeing everyone's photos & tips!

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, Diana. It's not a wonder that your cats enjoy your sewing area...they always seem to gravitate to piles of fabric, finished ( or nearly) quilts, and all the lovely spools and tools to play with,lol. I'm a retired drapery seamstress, and started quilting when my children were very young, but it didn't take over my life until l retired.I love fabric, and the way we can express ourselves creatively with our obsession :-). Here's one of my softness testers, Snowball. I was still working on the binding, but had to wait until he was hungry & left to check out what was for dinner, lol.

Softness tester is a great label for the kitties & Snowball's a cutie >^..^< 

LOL I see I said I had a screen room addition. Uh - yeah it has screens but it's a SUN room! Totally dry with heat & A/C!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service