Birds remind us that Spring is almost here. Let’s do a 12” block that incorporates a Bird/Birds. It can be any bird you want, make all the same for as many as we have participating. Opening for 12 spots

You will make 12 - 12” bird blocks that will be sent to me on or before April 18. Send blocks with a return self addressed stamped envelope. I will message my address to those who don’t already have it. It must be constructed of quality fabric. It can be done in any method you desire. The background can be what fits with your bird - if you have a Cardinal in winter on a snowy tree branch or bird getting a worm on a spring grassy area. Just remember the bird is the focal point.

You must post your progress on this discussion page.

RULE: you must Post progress or you could loose your spot in the exchange. We have created a great group from our block exchanges in the past. Several have created some wonderful works of art. If you are having troubles you can message me or Carla and/or post on the page and one or several may be able to help let’s make this fun again!

1. Chef - Pelican*
  2. Carla - Hummingbird*
  3. Connie - Robin*
  4. Mary Anne - Canadian Goose*
  5. Beth - Chickadee, Meadowlark 
  6. Jean - Flamingo or roadrunner*
  7. Wilma - Shabby Chic Birdcage*
  8. Gail - Oreo*
  9. Rosemary Martens*
  10. Kathy - Owl*
  11. Gail C *
  12. Delphine - Peacock*

Views: 3536

Replies to This Discussion

I think whatever fits our birds for backgrounds is what we need to use.  The pelican flying over sounds perfect for your bird.

Is my not being able to post progress photos going to be a problem with anyone?

Lol, I so get it, Gayle.  Between my phone, my kindle, and my brain there is a disconnect.  Fortunately, my daughter figures it out for me.

Not for me. What I care about is just communication. As long as there is some sort of communication we know you are still involved and you are doing that. 

Photos not necessary, but your chatter is always welcome.

I think I may finally get to work on mine tomorrow. I have all of the fabric just need to get started :)). I'll post pics after I get one completed. 

Yep I have a nice turquoise water and a small edge of green with a flying pelican. I was cutting my fabrics yesterday  As soon as I get one done I’ll post a picture

Got my gnomes all sewn down and am working on my birds. I don't like too much being done.

You girls are way ahead of me.  Carla your blocks are beautiful.  I am not great at applique at all, just big pieces.  I have got to try something more complicated but not 12 blocks! Right now I am hooked on hexagons I have no idea why.  I guess I have to blame Pintrest.  I finally decided on Cardinals for my block.  I've had this fabric for a long time and couldn't decide what to do with it.  I love cardinals I think they are beautiful.  I have them all the time on my bird feeders along with the noisy blue jays that chase all the small birds like the wrens away.  Can't  wait to see every  ones blocks.  I know that this will be s quilt that will hang in my living room.

Thank you Gail. I actually cut down on the number of original pieces in the hummers to make sure I could do them all. I love applique though and I've wanted to do this one for a long time. This swap gave me that excuse. Lol. 

It’s beautiful out but I think I’m going to take it easy and work on my pelicans. 

Sounds good. It's a nice temp here today, in the 70's but wind is blowing really hard so I won't get out in it. Allergies will go haywire if I did. So I will continue with my stitching. I am getting there. I also need to work on a Santa quilt for my son and daughter in law.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service